This question contains Statement-1 and Statement-2. Of the four choices given after the statements, choose the one that best describes the two statements.
Statement – 1: For a charged particle moving from point P to point Q, the net work done by an electrostatic field on the particle is independent of the path connecting point P to point Q.
Statement-2: The net work done by a conservative force on an object moving along a closed loop is zero
(1) Statement-1 is true, Statement-2 is false
(2) Statement-1 is true, Statement-2 is true; Statement-2 is the correct explanation of Statement-1.
(3) Statement-1 is true, Statement-2 is true; Statement-2 is not the correct explanation of Statement-1.
(4) Statement-1 is false, Statement-2 is true
A mixture of light, consisting of wavelength 590 nm and an unknown wavelength, illuminates Young’s double slit and gives rise to two overlapping interference patterns on the screen. The central maximum of both lights coincide. Further, it is observed that the third bright fringe of known light
coincides with the 4th bright fringe of the unknown light. From this data, the wavelength of the unknown light is
(1) 393.4 nm (2) 885.0 nm
(3) 442.5 nm (4) 776.8 nm
In an experiment the angles are required to be measured using an instrument. 29 divisions of the main scale exactly coincide with the 30 divisions of the vernier scale. If the smallest division of the main scale is half-a-degree(=0.5o
), then the least count of the instrument is
(1) one minute (2) half minute
(3) one degree (4) half degree
The half life period of a first order chemical reaction is 6.93 minutes. The time required for the completion of 99% of the chemical reaction will be (log 2=0.301) :
(1) 230.3 minutes (2) 23.03 minutes
(3) 46.06 minutes (4) 460.6 minutes
A binary liquid solution is prepared by mixing n-heptane and ethanol. Which one of the following statements is correct regarding the behaviour of the solution ?
(1) The solution formed is an ideal solution
(2) The solution is non-ideal, showing +ve deviation from Raoult’s law.
(3) The solution is non-ideal, showing –ve deviation from Raoult’s law.
(4) n-heptane shows +ve deviation while ethanol shows –ve deviation from Raoult’s law.