AIEEE 2012 with Solutions
The negation of the statement “If I become a teacher, then I will open a school” is
(1) I will become a teacher and I will not open a school
(2) Either I will not become a teacher or I will not open a school
(3) Neither I will become a teacher nor I will open a school
(4) I will not become a teacher or I will open a school
A wooden wheel of radius R is made of two semicircular parts (see figure); The two parts are held together by a ring made of a metal strip of cross sectional area S and length L. L is slightly less than 2πR. To fit the ring on the wheel, it is heated so that its temperature rises by ∆T and it just steps over the wheel. As it cools down to surrounding temperature, it presses the semicircular parts together. If the coefficient of linear expansion of the metal is α, and its Youngs’modulus is Y, the force that one part of the wheel applies on the other part is :
(1) 2πSYα∆T (2) SYα∆T (3) πSYα ∆T (4) 2SYα ∆T
The figure shows an experimental plot for discharging of a capacitor in an R-C circuit. The time constant τ of this circuit lies between:
(1) 150 sec and 200 sec (2) 0 and 50 sec (3) 50 sec and 100 sec (4) 100 sec and 150 sec
A coil is suspended in a uniform magnetic field, with the plane of the coil parallel to the magnetic lines of force. When a current is passed through the coil it starts oscillating; it is very difficult to stop. But if an aluminium plate is placed near to the coil, it stops. This is due to : (
1) development of air current when the plate is placed.
(2) induction of electrical charge on the plate
(3) shielding of magnetic lines of force as aluminium is a paramagnetic material.
(4) electromagnetic induction in the aluminium plate giving rise to electromagnetic damping.