JEE (MAINS) 2016 with Solutions
An observer looks at a distant tree of height 10 m
with a telescope of magnifying power of 20. To
the observer the tree appears :
(1) 20 times nearer
(2) 10 times taller
(3) 10 times nearer
(4) 20 times taller
Arrange the following electromagnetic radiations
per quantum in the order of increasing energy :-
A : Blue light B : Yellow light
C : X–ray D : Radiowave
(1) B, A, D, C (2) D, B, A, C
(3) A, B, D, C (4) C, A, B, D
Which one of the following ores is best concentrated by froth floatation method ?
(1) Magnetite (2) Siderite (3) Galena (4) Malachite
Which one of the following statements about water is FALSE ?
(1) Water is oxidized to oxygen during photosynthesis.
(2) Water can act both as an acid and as a base.
(3) There is extensive intramolecular hydrogen bonding in the condensed phase.
(4) Ice formed by heavy water sinks in normal water
The concentration of fluoride, lead, nitrate and iron in a water sample from an underground lake was found to be 1000 ppb, 40 ppb, 100 ppm and 0.2 ppm, respectively. This water is unsuitable for drinking
due to high concentration of :
(1) Fluoride (2) Lead (3) Nitrate (4) Iron
The distillation technique most suited for separating glycerol from spentlye in the soap industry is :
(1) Simple distillation (2) Fractional distillation
(3) Steam distillation (4) Distillation under reduced pressure